What we will do for you
- Treat you with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Treat you as a partner and discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- Give you full information on the services we offer.
- Give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- Provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- Try to ensure our system for contacting the duty doctor is easy to follow, reliable and effective.
- Try to ensure surgeries start on time.
- See patients within 20 minutes of their appointment time and offer an explanation in the event of a delay.
- Inform patients if a doctor is called away on an emergency and offer an alternative appointment or, if preferred, another doctor.
- Refer you to a hospital of your choice when your GP thinks it is necessary.
- Refer you for a second opinion when you and your GP agree it is needed.
- Give you access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law.
- Keep the contents of your health records confidential.
- Give you a full and prompt reply to any complaints you make about our services.
What you can do for us
- Tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
- Use the duty doctor service only for urgent problems.
- Ask for a home visit only when the patient is unable to attend the surgery through illness or infirmity.
- Keep your appointments and let us know as early as possible if you are unable to attend.
- Try to give us at least 24 hours notice for repeat prescriptions. These are signed between 11:00-12:00 every day.
- Be patient if your appointment is delayed. Delays are often caused by patients needing emergency attention.
- Let us know when you change name or address.
- Your privacy is respected at all times. However, reception staff have been asked by the clinicians to ask for a brief reason for your appointment to help doctors assess the degree of urgency.
- Staff at the surgery are here to help you. It is a difficult job so please be co-operative and patient.
- Tell us about any complaints or misunderstandings as soon as possible to allow us to deal with them.
- Let us know when we have done well. Please complete feedback online or pick a form up at the front desk.
- We welcome suggestions as to how our service can be improved.